Who knows what sites in Europe or America are on? You know? We know!
Today we are dealing with the CMS Sitefinity from the Progress company, we are learning to personalize the site with a light click of the mouse and do not torment the developers, they are people too.
After three years of my work with CMS Sitefinity, I understand that I do not want to leave the development on this platform at all, it was fate. I still continue to study its capabilities and evaluate its power – addicted, that says it all. The coolest thing about being a developer is to develop without being distracted by customizing the wishes of marketers. Working with Sitefinity, this became more and more realized. Some moments still cannot be avoided, but the most understandable admin interface and good documentation do their job. We develop, learn and show what we have learned.
What attracted us to CMS Sitefinity. Below are the main features that Progress offers in the description for CMS Sitefinity.
Bonuses for developers:
Bonuses for marketers:
In this article, I want to show you one of the bonuses for marketers – personalization. Why is it important? “In today’s dynamic digital environment, companies need to reach different audiences and ensure that visitors to their websites see relevant content that delivers the right information to the right type of visitor at the right time. Since you cannot address everyone at the same time with relatively general information, personalization allows you to create a personal and relevant conversation with your customers, providing them with information that is meaningful and useful to them. This way, you can actively attract customers and achieve your business goals. ” So let’s get to the point.
Personalization or targeting is the display of content on a website that matches certain user preferences, which are identified based on a set of criteria. In other words, it is dynamic content.
For example, Vasya bought shampoo and toothpaste from us, which means that in a month he will see a review of toothpastes on the main page, and in 2 months – profitable promotions on shampoos. Combined with off-site retargeting for configured triggers, this increases the likelihood of a purchase.
I am using Quantum as a demo website. This is a free version of the turnkey website provided by Progress (can be downloaded from the official website www.progress.com/sitefinity-cms/try-now for local deployment or with www.progress.com/sitefinity-cms/try-now/sandbox, use cloud sandbox).
This is how the site looks like, and there are almost no developer’s hands in it! No custom! The demo is assembled from fairly popular elements of a classic site:
• Ready-made page templates, so as not to typeset for each page header, footer and page layout
• Picture gallery
• News that can be sorted by categories and tags
• Feedback form
• Site search
• Shop with ready-made goods, basket
• Information about the location with a satellite map
• Navigation menu
• And a lot of different text-link-picture content.
What is inside? Main modules and capabilities
Let’s take a look under the hood and go to the website admin area.
Only 8 tabs store impressive features, which the vendor talks about for several hours:
• Pages module
• Main content – everything that can be useful for filling the site (libraries of photos, videos and documents, news, forms, forums, comments, the ability to classify external and internal content by tags and categories)
• e-commerce module
• Page templates and responsive layout rules
• Administration (users, roles, rights, options for security, cache, cookies, workflow, localization, integration, indexing, chat, export and import of content)
• Marketing module (personalization, monitoring, e-mail campaigns, subscribers and letter templates).
From theory to practice!
Create a page …
But let’s get down to business and finally create a page and personalize it!