The digest of interesting materials for the mobile developer # 352 (July 6 – July 12)
In this issue, MVVM and MVI, close interactions and smooth transitions, years in game dev and a lot of Flutter, the most downloaded and earning applications of June and many other interesting materials!
Affordable MVVM on hacked extensions
I advise you to stock up on popcorn and Coca-Cola – this is an evening show about how I did not deny myself anything, once again implementing MVVM in one of my home projects. Today is the second series: about how to make MVVM out of MVC and not step into reactivism.
MVI Architectural Template at Kotlin Multiplatform
We will implement platform-specific parts of the common module and integrate them into iOS and Android applications. As before, I assume that the reader already has basic knowledge of Kotlin Multiplatform, so I will not talk about project configurations and other things that are not related to MVI in Kotlin Multiplatform.
• (+19) Animation on Android: smooth transitions of fragments inside the Bottom Sheet
• (+19) Modern Android devices are safe enough and that’s why
• (+9) “Comes to the first platform …” Developers Stories at Huawei’s AppGallery
• (+4) What’s New in RxJava 3
• Applications for the 2020 Material Design Award have begun
• (+28) My ten years in game dev
• (+15) Fear and Loathing in Game Dev: From First Steps to First Money
• (+13) Flutter. Understanding How to Draw Different Shapes Using CustomClipper
• (+10) Flutter. Simplify widget layout with Dart extensions
• (+9) Test automation in microservice architecture
• (+7) Lexoranges – what is it and how to use them to efficiently sort lists
• (+4) Model-Widget-WidgetModel, or what architecture does the Flutter team use in Surf
• (+2) What a good app store Xiaomi. I deleted the application from my store after the update, because it is in Russian
• (+1) How to find boundaries on the client and server
• (+1) Mobile device and application security: five popular attack scenarios and security methods
• Facebook SDK causes apps to drop worldwide
In the 2nd quarter of 2020, Russian users spent $ 328 million in applications, which is 30% more than in the first quarter of 2019. At the same time, $ 233 million was spent on mobile games. On the iOS platform, users spent 35% more than a year ago – $ 144 million, on Google Play – 30% more, $ 184 million. User spending on non-gaming applications on iOS increased by 30% to $ 67 million, while Google Play users increased their spending by 35% and spent $ 76.3 million.
• (+111) Putting together an inexpensive 9.7 “E-Ink display to display anything
• (+25) Embedded AntexGate computer. From prototype to mass production
• (+7) Checklist for a machine learning project
• (+4) How to learn Machine Learning 5 days a week, 9 months in a row
• Scientists have made a glove that converts sign language to text