PostgreSQL New course from OTUS
PostgreSQL is the most advanced open source database in the world. The statement, of course, is loud and, probably, not everyone will agree with it, but there is no doubt that it is the most advanced free DBMS. Its advantages over other databases are obvious: PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system, which, of course, gives it some advantages. Moreover, Postgres supports numeric, floating point, text, boolean and other data types. PostgreSQL boasts support for uuid, money, enumerated, geometric, binary types, network addresses, bit strings, text search, xml, json, arrays, composite types and ranges, as well as some internal types for identifying objects and the location of logs.
To learn how to work with PostgreSQL, you do not need to have special knowledge – enough experience working with Linux at least at the user level and experience working with any relational database.
Surely you have already guessed what we are leading to. Yes, OTUS launches the set for the PostgreSQL course, where you can design databases, create an optimal storage structure, and also master the syntax and features of work in PostgreSQL and can optimize slow queries.
This course is suitable for you if you:
- Linux administrator and want to master or improve the skills of PostgreSQL DBA;
- MySQL / MS SQL / Oracle Server administrator and want to master PostgreSQL DBA skills;
- DevOps / SRE and want to improve your PostgreSQL skills and learn new ways to work with DBMS – Kubernetes, clouds;
- a developer who needs to master working with PostgreSQL.
To learn more about skills, competencies and the course program, we invite you to visit OTUS Open Day, which will be held on December 16 at 20:00. As part of this webinar, you can get answers to all the questions asked live, as well as learn about the prospects that will await students after graduation. Also, the program manager, he is the host of the webinar – Valery Bezrukov will talk about his professional experience in this area.
Another course teacher, Viktor Korobkov, has more than 15 years of experience in the IT industry, and has taught more than 20 years at all. Currently, he is engaged in teaching and research activities in the field of natural and technical sciences. He will teach the PostgreSQL course according to the author’s program, the feature of which is the focus on the practical side of the issue.
Upon completion of training you:
- You can work confidently with PostgreSQL,
- create optimal queries and deal with incorrect ones,
- work with indexes
- Optimize, profile and update databases.
- Get skills that will allow you to work as a PostgreSQL DBA – install, configure, maintain and develop databases running PostgreSQL;
- learn to work with PostgreSQL in various environments – based on your own physical and virtual infrastructure, in the Kubernetes cluster, in the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Yandex, Azure)
PostgreSQL supports complex structures and a wide range of built-in and user-defined data types, as well as provides enhanced data capacity and has earned trust with a careful attitude to data integrity. If you want to learn how to use all the tools that can be useful to both the developer and the administrator, for example:
- access control
- work with statistics
- scaling methods
- PostgreSQL in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Kubernetes
Then come to OTUS for the “PostgreSQL” course!