Digest of interesting materials for a mobile developer # 367 (October 19 – 25)
This episode contains two stories of indie game development, programming languages inside iOS, big pictures inside Android, mistakes by developers and button design, wasting buzzers and monetizing small applications.
How to become old and useless at the age of 30 using the example of developing a quest
I would like to share my story, namely, the story of a slightly protracted development of a simple point? And? Click quest.
How I decided to make a game inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic and lost money (part 1, 2)
This game gave me another great experience. She made it clear that I can put together a team, lead the process and bring things to the end. But I still have to learn how to make money.
• (+33) Big pictures? Deal with it
• (+18) Android Developers: How To Reduce Dark Theme Implementation Time From A Month To A Week
• (+15) Huawei’s Gentleman’s Kit for Mobile Game Developer: Game Service and Tools for Rapid HMS Integration
• (+9) Tips for working with the Huawei ecosystem from Kaspersky Lab
• Google launches Android for Cars App Library
• (+31) Should you fire a developer for a big and expensive mistake? I think not, but management wanted blood
• (+25) Tinkoff Payments experience: improved mobile SDK and made online payment even more convenient
• (+23) State switch controls: the infamous case of the mute button
• (+19) How We Came to Reactive Linking in Unity3D
• (+12) How much does it cost to develop a mobile application
• (+7) Basic mocking format for React components
• (+6) AngularDart roadmap update
• (+4) Design system: what is it, why and how to create
• (+3) Flutter: Q3 2020 Developer Survey Results
• (+3) How to generate constant rate requests in k6 with the new scripting API?
• I Want to Become Game Dev # 14: Profession – Game Producer
• (+141) Sberbank released the Russian-language GPT-3 Large model with 760 million parameters for open access
• (+42) DIY smart mirror
• (+30) Plan 9 cluster on Raspberry Pi
• (+13) Mini ITX cluster Turing Pi 2 with 32 GB RAM
• (+2) Overview of Networking and Messaging Protocols for IoT
• JAICF – a framework for developing chatbots in Kotlin