A selection of free books on OpenShift, 4 benefits of an SOE standardized operating environment and digital transformation
We have collected for you a lot of new insights, recordings of important webinars, books and cheat sheets. Level up your skills, read, watch, think, apply in practice! Become a part DevNation!
- 7 ways Agile and DevOps can help with digital transformation
In pursuing digital transformation, teams often face conflicting challenges. Fortunately, software developers have extensive experience in solving problems in this area.
In short: Agile and DevOps help reduce risk and accelerate change.
- 4 benefits of a standardized SOE operating environment
Why are SOE (Standard Operating Environment) principles becoming more relevant in the era of containers, Kubernetes, CI / CD, and automation? It’s all about efficiency and safety and the associated issues.
In short: GordonHaff, Red Hat techno evangelist and other experts talk about SOE and containers
- 6 tips for a manager to help protect remote employees from parental burnout
This is a very real problem, and we must try to help employees who have children to remain both good workers and good parents.
In short: What measures should be taken to address this long-term problem
A selection of free books on OpenShift:
- Fast start
- OpenShift for developers
- OpenShift for devops engineers
- Quarkus Application Testing Cheat Sheet
- Free eBook Kubernetes Patterns: Reusable Elements for Designing Cloud-Based Applications (careful, registration required)
Read at your leisure:
- Foundation for successful digital transformation
Monica Sasso, Red Hat’s Chief Technical Officer for Financial Institutions EMEA, talks at EBADay about recipes for successful digital transformation and the benefits of Open Source in the banking sector.
- Women in STEM: “I am looking forward to seeing how the world will change with more women in the tech industry.”
Jen Albertson, Senior Leader of Software Engineering at Red Hat, answers the Women in Tech section for Jaxenter.
- It’s very human to want to know who committed cybercrime.
“It’s a bumpy landscape rather than a flat one in terms of what companies need to keep an eye on,” Mike Bursell, chief security architect at Red Hat. “Not so much firewalls and cryptographic keys as customer data, or payout details, or employee addresses.”
- Red Hat supports partners as the corporate IT landscape changes
Kevin Bland, director of alliances and partnerships at Red Hat, says the pandemic has spurred the move to cloud computing, and more organizations are looking to expand the range of data that can be moved outside the corporate network.
- December 4, Building a hybrid cloud infrastructure with Red Hat and Microsoft Azure
At the webinar, experts from Red Hat and Microsoft will talk about new products and services from Red Hat on Microsoft Azure that enable you to quickly deploy a reliable and flexible hybrid cloud environment. At the webinar, we will discuss in detail how to effectively integrate public cloud resources into the existing infrastructure, as well as use new application architectures that expand your capabilities.
See in the entry:
Free Java virtual conference right on your screen: four techno tracks with our community experts on Java and the cloud, 28 in-depth sessions and two stunning keynotes.
Two days of interesting reports, demonstrations and practical exercises. A great opportunity to learn how IT developers, administrators and decision makers are responding to the challenges of change with flexible open source automation technologies that move from what is to what is needed.
- J4K Conference
New Virtual Conference on Kubernetes, Java and the Cloud: 17 sessions with Red Hat employees, including a talk by Mark Little, Red Hat’s senior middleware man.
- Schedule of upcoming DevNation events
Check out the DevNation Event Plan on the Red Hat Developer Portal, including all Tech Talks and Master Courses, to plan your schedule ahead of time and register for events that interest you.
- DeploymentConfig vs Deployment
- Emperor “Operator”: Operators in OpenShift and Kubernetes
- OpenShift-specific magic for building and deploying apps
- Red Hat OpenShift and Machine API
Don’t forget to cast your vote in the Best OpenShift competition
web console customization using supported OpenShift 4 mechanisms! Join us on openshift.tv and choose a winner!